Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Journal 2: A Morning of senses at FGCU

                                                        “Hey, little girl  
                                                Look what you’ve done
                              You’ve gone and stole my heart and made it your own
                                         You stole my heart and made it your own”
         Jack Johnson floods the room with his soothing melodies. I know I have over slept by a few minutes, because Jack is already half way through his song My Little Girl, that is off of his new album To the Sea. My eyelids have to be pried open with the thoughts of all that has to be accomplished today. It is pitch black in the dorm room thanks to the blacked out window and the television remote that is blocking the time on the clock, since it is an obnoxious bright blue that will keep me awake at night if I don’t block out its light. I stumble to the doorway tripping over my soft and fluffy rug that always seems to have an edge up on me in the mornings. Even if I try to avoid the soft rug that is placed at the end of my bed I always seem to trip over the corner of the rug. I open the door and the aroma of a vanilla candle floods the room, along with a mixture of onion bagels and fresh brewed coffee. To some people, that mixture of smells would be overwhelming and sickening, but to me those scents are a jump start to my day. I rush to get ready throwing on the first thing that I touch in the dresser drawers and I run out of the door to my first class of the day. Right when I open the door to walk to school I feel like I am stepping out into a brick wall of heat. Another day in Florida with no hope of cool day and knowing that even if it does rain it won’t makes things better. In fact, it will just make the day more humid and thick, which no one wants. Walking to campus my senses are overwhelmed. The birds are chirping, the sun is beaming down, the cars and people on bikes are speeding, and the fresh taste of orange juice is present in my mouth. I arrive on campus ready to learn and knowing that my day of classes has only just begun.
Jack Johson singing My Little Girl  This is the youtube video off of his To the Sea Album that was released this year. Click the link to hear this great song  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment