Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Journal 5: Downtown Fort Myers Field Trip



    I was very excited to go on the downtown Fort Myers field trip. I have been living in Fort Myers for three years now, but I have never even been to the downtown area. When driving through the the downtown Fort Myers area I was impressed with the general upkeep of the places that we visited. During the field trip we ran all over the place. We had a surprise tour through the Edison and Ford Estates. Some places that stuck out in my mind about downtown Fort Myers was the Fort Myers Pier, the Art of Olympians Museum, and the Hotel Indigo.
    When driving through to see the Edison and Ford Estates we drove past the beautiful scenery of Royal Palms lining the roadway. When arriving to the estates we got off in the parking lot just to look around, but we were not planning on going inside. We were told it cost to much to for the students to walk the grounds. However, once we arrived to the estates, our Professor was able to get us onto the estate grounds for free. It was an inspiring moment walking onto the grounds. Thinking about the great minds that have walked along the sidewalk and living in those houses. I feel very lucky to have been a part of this experience.

    I thought the Fort Myers Pier was very nice, and going out to look over onto the river was very peaceful. We also visited the Art of Olympians. This was my favorite part of the field trip! It was very cool to see all of these olympic medalist achieving perfection in every day life, as well. It makes me think that anything is possible if you put all of your effort into it. The Hotel Indigo was a boutique hotel. We were able to go up to the top floor and overlook all of downtown Fort Myers, and being so far up we were able to see the try beauty of the city instead of just worrying about the hustle and bustle of the world. Overall, this was my favorite field trip! I got to see many beautiful places, and also learned more about the city that I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment